It is written by Percy Allan, editor of MarketTiming, a division of Alan Kohler’s The Constant Investor. Percy co-founded MarketTiming.com.au in 2009 and has undertaken extensive research on the attractions and perils of share investing which he distils in this book.
On the 31st December 2017, MarketTiming’s Conservative trading strategy was ranked the best performing “long only” equity strategy for the last one and two years by www.TimerTrac.com which monitors hundreds of trading systems around the world. It also came second or third over the last three, four, five and six years in TimerTrac’s league table.
This book is about how to grow and preserve capital in the share market by managing downside risk. Like Aesop’s Fable about the Tortoise and the Hare, Percy concludes that avoiding major cyclical setbacks is the key to winning in the stock market. Tools and funds for doing this are explained in plain English that any investor can understand.
You will view the stock market differently after reading this book because its emphasis is on growing capital through market risk management not individual share speculation.
Percy Allan discusses the themes of his book, Crash Proof, with Elysse Morgan on the ABC’s The Business Program, April 2nd 2018:
What Readers Say about Crash Proof:
- Great read Percy – Michael L
- ‘Crash Proof’, a most interesting book. A steal at $10. Thanks – Keith D
- Thanks again for your book – a great effort, readable and valuable – Nigel G
- The book is a major contribution to the arsenal of the investment community and truly is required reading. Strongly recommended – Robert G
- I have found Crash Proof to be very useful and timely at this stage of the bull market in shares which will inevitably end with a crash – Robert M
- I have really enjoyed Percy’s book and his Market Timing service – it is a valuable addition to your work at TCI – Tim M