This week in The Money Cafe, James Kirby and I discuss the following:
- Will we get a Santa rally to sweeten a rough year for investors?
- More likely after recent comments from the fed chair.
- Does Ken Henry regret chairing one of Australia’s smelly big banks?
- Royal commission tactics: kick back or cop it?
- The ugly truth at the heart of After Pay and other loan businesses. Should they attract more regulation?
- Scott Morrison takes credit for a convenient surplus. An iron ore plunge could spoil his budget.